Aglantzia New Cemetery
Aglantzia’s New Cemetery was created in 1992 and is located on Larnaca Avenue (opposite of the north entrance of the University of Cyprus).
The entire area of the Cemetery is an extent of approximately 38.623 sq.m and is enclosed by boundary wall.
On grounds of the cemetery a small church has been built dedicated to Saint Lazarus.
An area has been formed to burry prominent people and Missing Persons whose remains have been identified. According to a decision by the Municipal Council the burial plots are allocated gratis to the families of missing persons of Aglantzia and to the displaced persons whose closest relative is a citizen of Aglantzia.
The operation of the Cemetery is regulated by the Law on Cemeteries (burial and exhumation) Law L.257 (I) / 2004 and its amendments, relevant Regulations and by decisions of the Municipal Council as follows:
- Burial plots are not pre-sold but single graves are allocated by serial number of the plot and according to the date of death.
- The right is given to the residents of Aglantzia only, provided their relatives apply to the Municipality by presenting the relevant death certificate.
- The right to buy a burial plot costs €950, 00 for a family grave and €128,15 for a temporary one(use of five years).
- For digging of a grave and burial, the cost of €120,00 VAT is paid to the Municipality with the assurance of the Right of Use for the Grave.
- For burial in an existing family grave the application is submitted to the Municipality together with a personal declaration with regards to the degree of kinship with the departed.(relevant application). For the preparation of the burial place and the interment, the cost is €120,00 plus VAT and is paid to the Municipality, in advance of the use of the burial place.
Forms and Applications
The old Aglantzia Cemetery, which is above the Cultural Centre “Το Skali” is full. Burials take place only in existing family graves, provided that the relevant application together with the death certificate has been submitted to the Municipality. (Relevant form).
For the preparation of the grave and the interment the amount of €120 plus VAT is paid to the Municipality.
Forms and Applications